LOCATION: Norfolk, Virginia
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: No direct reports
This position is responsible for the performance of the company’s OEM technical representative services, including but not limited to Sounding Tube Surveys, Radar Startup and Calibration, Engineering Installation Oversight, environmental instrumentation commissioning, troubleshooting of various computers, flat panels, etc.
NAG will provide product training on all equipment we service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Startup and calibration of instrumentation and control equipment aboard government and commercial ships.
2. Participate in a team and/or alone during shipboard installations.
3. Generate and maintain test and survey reports aligned with process guidelines and procedures.
4. Perform shop testing and QA of system components.
5. Provide electrical troubleshooting and checkout of installed systems.
6. Provide oversight and effective communication of project-related requirements to the shipboard installing activity.
7. Travel to various locations in accomplishment of company awarded jobs as necessary.
8. Travel includes day or week long trips depending on company needs and sometimes at short notice. Travel is scheduled for weekdays only, when possible.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & PREREQUISITES:
1. Prior experience working with new shipboard instrumentation a plus.
2. Experience with instrumentation and control systems in a fast-paced environment.
3. Trouble-shooting abilities such as root cause determination and corrective actions for problems.
4. Ability to interpret engineering drawings and process specifications.
5. Excellent communication and documentation skills.
6. Understand the Float Systems electrical requirements.
7. Prior experience with actuators a plus.
8. High quality focus.
9. Solid computer skills including MS Office
10. Excellent customer service skills.
11. Ability to work in confined spaces when necessary.
12. Ability to swim and pass safety training for access to offshore rigs.
13. Must be able to hold a Confidential Clearance
14. Must qualify for a US Passport
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
Ability to work and perform individually and in a team environment.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, with skills to respond to a high sense of urgency
Quick to respond with real solutions but also know when to seek guidance and support when required.
Professionalism is of the highest standard.
Comfortable working directly with the customer, interpreting their needs and presenting solutions.
SEND RESUMES WITH COVER LETTER TO:
Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format preferred
Trusted Technology. Proven Expertise.
NAG Marine is the exclusive provider of the VEGA Americas line of tank level indicators (TLI) for all shipboard measurement applications.
NAG Marine provides a line of rugged marine embedded PCs, military operator interface panels, and high-bright sunlight readable displays.
NAG Marine has exclusive agreements to sell, service, and install the Turner Designs Hydrocarbon Instruments UV Fluorescence monitors to commercial marine markets in the United States.